CCS Colloquium is a two-day (three nights) residential program and forum for in-depth discussion centred on a chosen theme. The Colloquium provides participants an opportunity to disentangle themselves from the distractions of everyday life to reflect on issues of fundamental and enduring importance.
Unlike a traditional conference in which some lecture and others listen, participants at the Colloquium explore a specified theme together by discussing texts they have read in advance. Their shared inquiry is guided by a discussion leader who offers probing questions and helps to keep things moving, but who does not lecture or advocate for any specific interpretation of the texts. The purpose of the discussions is to challenge participants to examine, refine, and develop their own ideas by engaging with others interested in the same issues. Our hope is that participants will go on to share their advanced understandings and to develop innovative ideas and approaches for the advancement of liberalism today.
- Maximum Governance, Minimum Government: Ideas to Implementation | 17th August - 20th August 2016 | Hotel Trident, Udaipur
- Education: Philosophy, Policy, and Practice | 22nd August - 24th August 2014 | Mumbai
- Morality of Capitalism | 27th October - 29th October 2012 | The Emerald Forest, Goa, India
- Property Rights: Law, Liberty & Livelihood | 15th July - 17th July 2011 | The Resort, Mumbai
- Indian Liberal Tradition | 3rd December - 5th December 2010 | Delhi
- Indian Liberal Tradition | 13th May - 15th May 2010 | Olde Bangalore Resort and Convention Center
- Liberty, Democracy, and Public Choice | 3rd November - 6th November 2016 | Goa